Sunday, April 3, 2016

drone session: THE NIGHT

I was hoping to be able to post much more frequently, I've got pictures for days man.. But I am a very busy and very lazy person, and those 2 mix very terribly, leaving me with lots of responsibilities, and when I have free time I just piss it away (or so it seems from my perspective). I've got 3 new posts pending because I simply haven't devoted some time to sit down and make them happen. Even as I write this, my crazy 1 year old is running around causing chaos, I hope to have this written in time before her next target is my laptop!

This post is all about my attempts at night shots from the sky, I have many more to come, but this is where I'm at so far. In my experience up to this point, it has been a bit of a challenge to find night shots worth viewing at all. This is partly due to the fact that my neighborhood and basically my whole city is 80% one color at night time: Orange. 

Those stupid HPS lights that light our streets up, not that they're not essential, but they don't do well for night photography.



Seriously, so much orange.



So far, this has been my favorite shot, especially since they decided "hey, lets put white lights here, just here.". I do quite love the 100% downward angle shots, you really get to see the design of things from this view, I find it quite tranquil.




This shot looks like it was through a much crappier camera, and with the lack of light, I just wasn't getting a cool shot, but I liked the idea that it could have been cool had I been a master with a better camera.




Messing around with catching moving cars, right above my house. If you look closely you can see me on my porch.


This is an older one from one of my last posts, but it so far has been one of my personal favorites(although that doesn't make it a great shot).



Trying to catch symmetry again, I took a bunch of these shots at the corner , but I wasn't wowed by the results.



at some point, id like to go somewhere much brighter and much busier, if you do some quick google searching you can very easily see photos of people taking drone shots in way cooler places. I've seem some particularly amazing night shots from China!

slightly higher quality versions HERE

thanks for reading! the next post will be about foooooooooooooooooooooooooood, so be sure you ate breakfast or dinner or whatever before you look or you will be tempted to eat expensive things.



No comments: